Completed in 2005, the RSPCA Rutherford veterinary hospital is part of a newly constructed $10 million shelter complex aimed at providing the highest level of veterinary care to shelter animals, private clients and cruelty cases.
The complex’s facilities include:
• two state-of-the-art operating theatres with four surgical tables
• two consultation rooms
• an x-ray room and in-house laboratory
• five isolation areas with separate surgery and preparation rooms
• separate facilities for animals with canine cough, cat flu or ringworm
• a special, easy-access ambulance bay for the transport of sick or injured strays
• a separate hospital area for animals belonging to private clients so they aren’t at risk of coming into contact with other animals that may not have been vaccinated.