Sydney Veterinary Service
201 Rookwood Road
Yagoona, NSW, 2199
Phone: (02) 9770 7555
Fax: (02) 9770 7576
After Hours Emergency:
(02) 9770 7556
7:45am - 8:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
Sydney vet service
The veterinary hospital located at our Sydney Shelter at Yagoona is open to the public every day. We provide a full range of veterinary services and products, delivered by a large team of qualified, experienced and very dedicated vets and nurses.
Our new state of the art hospital is well equipped with an extensive range of modern veterinary equipment. Surgical expertise is wide, ranging from routine desexing to complicated non-routine orthopaedic and soft tissue surgeries. Our veterinary team is able to provide quality advice and complete care from diagnosis to discharge.
Consultation by appointment between:
Monday to Friday: 9:30am – 7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:15am – 12:30pm
Phone: (02) 9770 7555 and follow the prompts to the vet hospital or key ahead by pressing 6 then 1.
Facilities & Services
- Our state of the art dental suite is set up for a wide range of procedures for dogs and cats as well as minor procedures on rabbits, guinea pigs and ferrets.
- Imaging capabilities include digital radiography (including dental radiology), ultrasound, endoscopy & ECG.
- Anaesthesia risk is minimised by constant monitoring by qualified staff and the use of the latest technology and equipment.
- Our in-house pathology lab is extensively equipped to provide immediate, accurate and comprehensive results.
Visiting Veterinary Specialists:
- Veterinary dental consultant
- Imaging specialist for ultrasound and radiology
- Surgical specialist for complicated orthopaedic and soft tissue surgeries
- Consultant ophthalmologist
- Specialist in veterinary behavioural medicine to assist our veterinary behavioural team
After hours service:
If your animal gets injured or becomes extremely ill outside of our normal operating hours, please contact the Animal Referral Hospital at either Homebush or Baulkham Hills. Details are on their website.
- A dedicated behaviour team consisting of behaviour veterinarians and qualified rehabilitation trainers are available for consultation to assist you if your dog or cat is displaying fear and anxiety, aggression or other undesirable or concerning behaviours.
- Puppy preschool will give you and your puppy the best start together. Puppy preschool courses run for four weeks on Monday and Wednesday evenings between 6.30-7.30pm. Our qualified and highly experienced instructor delivers the most up-to-date advice for training and socialisation. Phone us on 9770 7555 to confirm your place in the next class.
- Barking consultations with our dog training staff. If your dog is barking excessively or showing signs of boredom when left at home alone, make an appointment to discuss your dog’s behaviour. A boredom busting and behaviour modification program can be worked out to fit in with your environment and lifestyle.
- Free consultations for you and your new puppy or kitten with our qualified nursing staff to help you with all you need to keep them healthy and happy, including information about immunisation, parasite control, nutrition, desexing and training.
- Our hospital offers boarding for pets that require ongoing care or medication while you are away. Your pet will be looked after by our nurses, while our veterinarians are on hand if required.
How You Can Help
How you can help
Looking to adopt a pet? Search now for dogs, cats and other pets available for rehoming at your local RSPCA.
Browse through thousands of RSPCA approved products. Each purchase will help the RSPCA’s work.
Every donation helps the RSPCA and its volunteers look after animals, whatever the situation.