Hunter (Rutherford) Veterinary hospital
Completed in 2005, the RSPCA Hunter Veterinary Hospital is part of a newly constructed $10 million shelter complex aimed at providing the highest level of veterinary care to shelter animals, private clients and cruelty cases.
The complex’s facilities include:
- two state-of-the-art operating theatres with four surgical tables
- two consultation rooms
- an X-ray room and in-house laboratory
- five isolation areas with separate surgery and preparation rooms
- separate facilities for animals with canine cough, cat flu or ringworm
- a special, easy-access ambulance bay for the transport of sick or injured strays
- a separate hospital area for animals belonging to private clients so they aren’t at risk of coming into contact with other animals that may not have been vaccinated
How You Can Help
How you can help
Looking to adopt a pet? Search now for dogs, cats and other pets available for rehoming at your local RSPCA.
Browse through thousands of RSPCA approved products. Each purchase will help the RSPCA’s work.
Every donation helps the RSPCA and its volunteers look after animals, whatever the situation.