Please make your tax-deductible donation before 30 June to help the animals who need us most this winter
Form submission will take around 20 seconds to complete. Please don’t leave this page!
CRISIS: Soaring costs. Fewer people adopting. Animals waiting in our shelters for longer.
The situation here at RSPCA NSW is growing worse by the day for our animals—but your urgent donation can help right now.
As the cost of living continues to rise relentlessly, it is having a significant impact on animals in more ways than one:
1. Our adoptions have decreased as fewer people choose to adopt because of the ongoing expenses of owning an animal.
2. Animals are spending longer in our shelters than ever before. In 2020, the average stay of a dog was 7.7 days. This number has now shot up to an alarming 34.3 days.
3. Our own costs have increased significantly. It costs us around $1,000 to care for one adult dog during their stay for us. This is startling when we have over 430 adult dogs currently in our care.
4. In addition to soaring costs RSPCA NSW has seen a significant increase in reports of animal cruelty in the past year with cases becoming more complex and severe than ever before.
5. We are receiving on average 20 surrender calls per day. That’s just under 600 calls per month and we have a 6-month waitlist for surrenders.
Our shelters are under alarming pressure right now. And we must act fast to help the most vulnerable animals—but we can’t do it without you. This is a crisis only animal lovers like you can help with.
Please make your urgent tax-deductible donation before 30 June to help the animals who need us most this winter.