Prepare for and keep your animals safe during an emergency.

Disaster and Alerts

Emergency planning for pets is an important part of emergency household preparations. Planning ahead is critical and greatly increases the likelihood of evacuating your pets to safety.

Unfortunately, in emergency situations, pet owners often have no choice but to leave their pets behind because they have not considered them in their evacuation plans. That’s why it’s important to take the time to prepare now to ensure the safety of your family and your pets.

Please see our Disaster Management Plans page here to learn more about keeping your pet safe in an emergency.

Discover our disaster and alerts programs

Disaster and Alerts FAQs

Please see our Lost Pet page here if you need assistance locating your missing pet.

RSPCA NSW recommends consulting the Bureau of Meteorology, Australia’s national weather, climate and water agency. You can also check with the SES for severe weather and flood information and the NSW Rural Fire Service for information about bushfires.

Report a Cruelty Case

Give a voice to the voiceless. Report animal cruelty today.

Become a Volunteer

You can lend a hand in many ways, from walking dogs to joining fundraising events.

Become a monthly donor and transform the lives of animals in need today.